Friday, January 13, 2012

Some days are harder than others

Today is one of those high stress days. For the second week in a row there is a gliche in payroll and I'm not getting paid on time. I've been doing so great in terms of my food choices and no matter what I do I eat so much better than I ever have in the past in terms of the quality of the food I choose and prepare. I eat mostly organic produce and free range or grass fed meats. I try not to eat pasta as a rule. It is something that is a treat. But, now I am feeling like I really want spaghetti for dinner. I know it is a comfort food for me. I think it is ok to eat comfort food on occasion as long as the occasion isn't every day. Sometimes you have to let loose and enjoy life too. The struggle is will it put me totally out of control? Pasta is one of those foods that can pull me down a slippery slope. I haven't had any in two months. So that is the question of the day. Do I allow myself to enjoy a meal of spaghetti or do I wait it out and make sure I'm not just going to go out of control?

Its funny after all this time studying nutrition, applying what I know and seeing results I still struggle with foods that trigger me. I suppose there will never be a day that I don't like spaghetti or bagels. I have fond memories of eating spaghetti with my family. It was one of the meals we had most often. Everyone always loved my mom's spaghetti and I still make a version of what she made from time to time and so does my best friend Jerrie.

So is it a big deal or isn't it? I think I'm going to ride it out and then choose a day that I can have it on so that it isn't on a high stress day feeding my addiction and comforting me once again. :)

Does anyone else ever feel like this? What are your trigger foods?

1 comment:

  1. I know I definitely do, I think pasta is such a comfort food. I really love mac & cheese. I hope you stuck to your guns and didn't eat the spaghetti, I think you should save it for a normal day; this way you are reinforcing dealing with stress with food. <3

    ReplyDelete